Becoming a Patient
Dr Saringer embraces a Functional Medicine approach combined with an emphasis on nutrient dense whole food diet and focus on lifestyle factors such as stress management, sleep and physical activity. As a new patient your treatment is broken to three phases:
Phase One: Initial Assessment
- First, you are asked to fill out the Health IQ form.
- Contact the office via phone, email, website to schedule the 30-minute phone/video Initial Assessment.
- After you are on the intake calendar - you will be asked to fill out the new patient registration form through the HelloSign platform.
- On your scheduled day of intake, Dr. Saringer will interview you to determine which lab tests to order for your personalized treatment recommendation, based on your chief complains and your history. The purpose of this to make sure she has all the information needed to gain a comprehensive understanding of many of the factors affecting your health and give you a head start on your treatment before you meet her again.The lab tests are dependent on your individual circumstances and needs.It may include:
- Comprehensive blood chemistry and nutritional panel
- Advanced stool testing to screen for for yeast overgrowth, bacterial infection, intestinal inflammation, dysbiosis and an imbalance of beneficial bacteria.
- Urine organic acid test to test problems metabolizing fat or carbohydrates, B- vitamin status, methylation issues, detoxification capacity, oxidative stress and neurotransmitter metabolism.
- Saliva or serum hormone testing for adrenal and sex hormone status
- Genetic testing for methylation and mold susceptibility
- Blood test for specific conditions, such as high cholesterol, autoimmune disease, gluten and food sensitivities, environmental toxins and mold toxicity.
- Dr. Saringer will give you diet recommendations for your individual needs what you are asked to implement before the next appointment.
- You are provided a link to a detailed health questionnaire through the Living Matrix platform. It is important that you spend time and energy completing this intake forms, as they are vital in helping Dr. Saringer to understand your case.
Phase Two: Personalized Treatment PlanningOnce Dr Saringer received your lab results and completed health questionnaires:
- She will schedule a 75 min in-person Personalized Treatment Planning appointment. This typically occurs between 60 and 90 days after the Initial Assessment, because some labs can take up to 6-8 weeks to deliver the result after receiving your sample.
- While you wait for the Personalized Treatment Planning appointment you will be implementing the recommended diet change.
- Prior to the consultation, Dr.Saringer will review the results from the labs that were ordered along with the detailed questionnaires and relevant prior lab work.
- A summary of the underlying patterns that are contributing to your symptoms.
- An outline of the suggested treatment plan, including dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations and prescription medications if needed.
Phase Three: Ongoing treatmentYou will have a follow up appointment on an as needed basis throughout the remainder of your treatment course. The first follow up appointment generally occurs between six and ten weeks. At that time, Dr. Saringer will review your progress on the treatment plan, along with any follow up test results, and make additional recommendations as necessary. From there, the frequency of your follow up appointments will depend upon the severity of your condition as well as your response to treatment. Dr Saringer asks you that you return for an in-person visit at least once per year.
Initial Health IQ form
Start your Functional Medicine analysis
154 W. 70th St. Suite 9N
New York, NY 10023
597 Springfield Ave
Summit, NJ 07901